Hi everyone, I haven’t posted a recipe in a while, but I am continuing to cook and modify. My commitment for this year is to lose weight and get in shape, and I have been spending lots of time at the gym, swimming, and Zumba. I bought an activity monitor, and it sure keeps me motivated. I’m going to try and be more consistent here with new recipes. Today I’m back with a simple and fast recipe for an egg-less salad that’s quite yummy. It makes a great lunch, and it’s great with soup for a simple dinner. Hope you like it.
What you need:
- 1 block of firm tofu, pressed for at least 30 minutes (instructions can be found on the how-to-page tab above)
- 2 medium kosher dill pickles, finely minced
- 2 scallions, green parts only, minced
- 5 celery stalks, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced OR garlic powder to taste
- 2 tbsp pickle juice
- 1/3 cup reduced fat Vegenaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- if you’re a mustard lover, add 2 tbsp of dijon mustard
What to do:
- Cut tofu into small cubes, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, then gently mix in tofu.
- Serve atop salad or on bread with lettuce and tomato.
4 servings. Weight Watcher Plus Points value: 4
This recipe is unmodified. I did not note the cookbook I copied this from. If you recognize it, please let me know so I can give credit to the author.