Wow, I’m in love. I love mushrooms as it is, but this takes it to the next level. I saw this recipe on a cooking show and just had to veganize it. It turned out great. I hope you think so too. The recipe looks a little long, but it’s really fast and simple, just how I like it. Enjoy!
- 20 medium to large crimini mushrooms (about 2 inches)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups of spinach roughly chopped (or cooked frozen spinach)
- 3/4 cup tofu ricotta
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Daiya mozzarella
- Parma or nutritional yeast flakes
- Preheat oven to 375; prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Carefully remove stems from mushrooms; don’t discard, set aside.
- Put mushrooms cap-side down on baking sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let mushrooms cool a little and then remove water from the caps.
- Chop mushroom stems.
- In a nonstick skillet with cooking spray, cook mushroom stems, onions, and garlic till softened.
- Add spinach to skillet and cook till wilted (if using frozen, just stir in).
- In a medium bowl, combine tofu ricotta, nutmeg, salt, Daiya.
- Add cooked vegetables to the cheese mixture and stir till well blended.
- Fill each mushroom with mixture, then sprinkle with Parma or nutritional yeast.
- Return to oven for about 12 to 15 minutes till lightly browned.
5 servings of 4 mushrooms each. Weight Watchers PointsPlus value: 2
Original non-vegan recipe from Hungry Girl.