I thought I’d make everyone happy this Monday with a great dessert recipe. This lemon cheesecake is really delicious and the blueberry sauce gives it the extra something special. The secret to this cheesecake is to refrigerate it overnight. You may be tempted to eat it right away or after refrigerating a few hours, but trust me. If you leave it in the fridge overnight, it will taste like the real deal. Enjoy!
- 2- 8 oz. tubs of Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 12 oz. container of Mori-Nu Firm Lite tofu
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a glass baking dish with cooking spray. I used an 8-by-11 Corningware dish.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients till completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into pie plate and bake for 40 to 45 minutes till lightly golden.
- Cool on a rack.
- 8 oz. blueberries
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch mixed with a little warm water
- Saute berries in a small saucepan for a few minutes.
- Stir in sugar and cornstarch and cook till thickened.
- Let cool and then spread over cheesecake.
***Refrigerate cheesecake overnight.***
8 servings. Weight Watcher PointsPlus value: 9
Modified from Vegan Diner.