Need a chocolate peanut butter fix? Here you go. These can be made without sugar substituting maple syrup, agave, etc., but I only had sugar in the house so I stuck to the classic preparation. If you haven’t had these before, they’re yummy, quick, simple, and inexpensive. Enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar (classic recipe calls for as much as 1 3/4 cups of sugar so adjust to your liking. I like mine less sweet)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup smart balance light (you can use any vegan margarine)
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup crunchy/chunky peanut butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, almond milk, margarine, and cocoa.
- Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla.
- Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet lined with wax, parchment, or silcone liner.
- Let cool till hardened. (Sometimes I speed up the process with the freezer).
Makes 36 cookies. Weight Watchers PointsPlus value: 2 points per 1 cookie.
Veganized from an old classic recipe.