Need a great vegan breakfast or brunch idea? This one is so delicious, fast, and simple. Makes wonderful use of yummy portobello mushrooms and the Hollandaise is to die for! You may want to give it a try this weekend. Enjoy :)
For the mushrooms:
- 4 to 6 portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Mix wine, garlic, oil, salt, pepper in large bowl.
- Dip each mushroom into marinade, then place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees gill side up for 20 to 30 minutes till tender.
- Slice and set aside.
For the Hollandaise:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz. of Mori-Nu Silken Soft Tofu
- Juice of 1 lemon and a little bit of zest
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- a couple of drops of Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine (I used Smart Balance Light)
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- 4 to 6 English muffins (I used Oroweat Double Fiber)
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1 large bunch of spinach, steamed
- Mushrooms that you’ve prepared
- Hollandaise sauce that you’ve prepared
- Place two toasted muffin halves on each plate.
- Top each muffin half with tomato slice and handful of spinach, slices of mushroom.
- Then top with Hollandaise sauce and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Serve right away.
4 to 6 servings. Weight Watchers PointsPlus value: 9
Original unmodified recipe from VegNews.