Pistachios are not only delicious, but they’re also good for your health and can curb the appetite was well, so they say. This eggplant dish is fun and tasty and very easy to make. Serve with a grain for a great meal.
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 6 oz. oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 medium eggplant, each cut into 6 slices
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare baking sheets generously with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place eggplant slices on baking sheets; set aside.
- Put Pistachios in food processor or blender and mix till finely chopped; transfer to bowl.
- In food processor, puree sun-dried tomatoes, roasted peppers.
- Spread 2 tbsp of tomato-pepper mixture on each slice of eggplant, then sprinkle 1 tbsp of pistachios.
- Bake about 20 minutes.
You may want to top with Parma or other Parmesan substitute and serve with couscous or bulgur.
Four servings, 3 slices each. PointsPlus value: 7
Original recipe from Vegetarian Times.