Want cake but afraid you’ll have more than one serving? Too hot to bake? Wish everyone in your family would just make their own dessert? Here’s your solution. As always, simple and fast and vegan. Make in a mug or any microwave-safe container. Enjoy
What you need:
- 4 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk (I used Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla) (have extra on hand)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (have extra on hand)
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls, then combine.
- Add more applesauce and/or milk till consistency of cake batter.
- Pour into mug and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
- Best eaten right away.
1 serving. Weight Watcher PointsPlus value: 8
Modified from madejustright.com