I now love hominy thanks to this recipe, and the hominy and poblano peppers are a fantastic pairing. This dish can be on the table in ten minutes. If you’re not into a little spicy food, substitute another pepper, although the poblano is great.
What you need:
- 1 tsp olive oil and/or olive oil spray if desired
- 2 medium poblano chiles, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 15 oz. can hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add peppers and onion and saute until almost tender.
- Stir in garlic, cumin, salt. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add hominy and water, cook for 4 minutes stirring often.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice and cilantro
4 servings. Weight Watchers PointsPlus value: 3
Original recipe from weightwatchers.com