Fun way to eat your peas!
What you need:
- 4 slices vegan tempeh bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces ( I used Light Life Smoky Tempeh Bacon)
- 2 leeks, cleaned, halved, then sliced
- 2 bunches of spinach, cleaned, stems removed
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Dill and tarragon to taste
- 12 leaves of Boston or Bibb lettuce
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray and cook tempeh till crispy, set aside.
- Spray skillet again and add leeks and 1 tsp salt; cook till translucent.
- Add spinach; cover and cook for about two minutes.
- Add peas and broth and cook till peas are tender.
- Stir in dill and tarragon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in tempeh.
- On each plate, take two lettuce leaves and form into a cup shape.
- Fill each with 1/6 of the pea mixture.
6 servings. Weight Watcher PointsPlus value: 2
I modified this recipe from Martha Stewart Living Magazine.