I love roasting vegetables, and Brussels sprouts are delicious prepared this way.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
How to prepare:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Toast nuts in a frying pan (no oil) till golden; set aside.
- Cut Brussels sprouts in half; place in a large bowl.
- To the bowl add oil, salt, pepper and toss well.
- Place sprouts into a baking dish.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Stir to even out browning, then continue roasting 30 minutes more.
- Stir once more, then drizzle maple syrup on top and roast 15 minutes more or till tender.
- Toss with nuts.
6 servings. Weight Watcher Points Plus value: 6 (4 without nuts)
Sorry, I can’t remember which cookbook this recipe came out of.