It’s vegan, it’s fast and simple, and it’s delicious! Made by American housewives in the 50s, but no one is certain as to the origin of the name. The bread is really more of a cinnamon coffee cake than a bread. (You might also want to try lemon monkey bread. Visit my fellow blogger Epicurean Vegan)
What you need:
- 15 oz. or 2 cans of Immaculate Baking Company Cinnamon Chip Scones (vegan)
- 2 cups sugar divided
- 3 tbsp cinnamon divided
- 1 1/2 sticks or 3/4 cup of vegan margarine
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray cooking oil on a 12 inch round cake pan.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 2 tbsp cinnamon in a zip-top bag.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters and add to the bag; shake to coat.
- Arrange pieces in cake pan.
- In a small pot, melt margarine and remaining sugar and cinnamon, bring to a boil.
- Pour sugar mixture over biscuits and bake 35 to 40 minutes until biscuits are puffed and liquid is caramelized.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Approximately 32 servings. Weight Watcher Points Plus value: 5
Modified from People Magazine.